Have you had any complanits about this model Toro mower?

I recently sent my mower in for "spring tune-up" and it was returned to me because they claim that the cylinder was severely scored.

I bought this mower in April 2008 because it was a recommended purchase by Consumers Reports. The problem was found because I told them that I had a problem starting the mower after I turned it off to move a hose or debris.

When I put the mower away last fall, there was no smoking problem or any indication that something was wrong with the mower.

I have been satisfied with my dealings with Lincoln Rent-All and Toro products.

Please advise if there have been any other complaints about this model mower and advise me if I should do anything further or you can help me.

Thank you.

Le Roy L. Poellot

411 29th st.

Rockford, IL.61108

Review about: Toro Lawn Mower.

Had an Experience with Toro?

Comments

San Antonio, Texas, United States #662520

The drive transmission is kpoot.Grinds like the pinon gear is gone bad.

Wheels lock up in reverse. Did open the gear box and pinon gear is smooth no teeth left on it. The engine is still good.

Got 4 good years out of transmission but will cost too much to repair.Will be a good push mower for now.

:zzz :zzz :upset :grin :) :p :sigh

:cry

We have been totally disappointed with our Toro Mower 20066.

We too purchased this model due to the high ratings for it in Consumer Reports.

After only about 26 hours of very light use it is now completely useless!

The self-propel function locked up, and grinds loudly! And no longer propels the mower at all!

This mower was only used for light flat level lawn cutting for a very small lot!

We also found it a pain to re-start if we had to shut down the mower to move an object etc.

We found it NOT worth getting repaired. The warranty has expired.

We have decided to invest in a different model, and *** the bullet rather than try to salvage a poorly functioning Toro 20066 Mower!

Ron, in Port Saint Lucie, FL